Day Nursery & Preschool
206c Maidstone Road,
Monday – Friday: 08:00 – 18:00
Drop-Off Directions & Parking
The nursery is located in Rochester, situated on Maidstone Road, next to the Sir Joseph Williamson’s Mathematical School.
We have parking to the front of the nursery and to the rear, with plenty of spaces for drop off/ pick up.
There is a bus stop directly opposite the nursery.
Little Explorers Day Nursery & Preschool, rated Outstanding by Ofsted (February 2020), offers quality care and education for children aged 3 months to 5 years in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum, as well as the nursery’s curriculum, where we value and encourage everyone, promoting respect for others through a strong emphasis on the development of self-discipline and good manners.
The welfare and wellbeing of the children placed in our care is of paramount importance. Great care is taken to provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment which will allow children to develop confidence, independence and good social skills in what will become their second home.
The nursery provides inspirational learning experiences, both indoors and out, to help build a strong foundation for further education and understanding.
Every effort is made to support parents, and at Little Explorers we believe behind every happy child is a happy parent. We will provide you with regular feedback on progress and your child’s nursery journey.
We have on-site parking available for easy access and convenience.
We have a safe place for you to store your buggy at our nursery.
We have CCTV installed within the nursery to ensure the safety and security of all our children and staff.
Meals & Snacks
We provide healthy meals and snacks as well as fresh water and milk. Our menus are seasonal and are certified by a children’s dietician ensuring the right balance of ingredients for the children. All dietary requirements are catered for by our professional chefs.
Our outdoor space offers an environment to explore and develop and provides a place where imagination comes to life.
Our nursery has access to ICT screens for educational purposes and interactive lessons.
Fees & Availability
Nursery fees are dependent on the age of your child and your specific childcare requirements. Funding options are available, including the government’s 15 and 30 hours funded childcare, and we also accept the Government Tax Free Childcare Scheme and childcare vouchers.
To request pricing and availability, please call us or complete the request a call back form below.
How we learn at Little Explorers Day Nursery & Preschool
- Our baby room offers the perfect place to begin your child’s nursery journey, and our babies enjoy play, cuddles, and lots of singing with their key person
- We offer as many settling in sessions as you and your child need to feel safe and happy in a new environment. We follow each child’s own unique routine and start to build a long-standing relationship with your family, ensuring secure bonds between child and nursery team
- We offer a stimulating environment and a variety of resources for our babies to explore, develop and discover through play
- We promote sensory play from a very young age, helping children to make sense of the world by connecting what they see, hear, smell, touch and feel
- In our reading corner the children have access to a library of books and stories, music, and rhymes introducing early literacy and communication skills
- We promote movement and balance and focus on early wellbeing awareness and relaxation exercises
- A main activity table is set up within the room which allows children to explore mark making, and to explore their own creativity freely.
- Our toddler room is where we strive to provide a warm, welcoming environment with enriching activities to stimulate, challenge and engage the children, and we begin to encourage self-registration to develop name and photo recognition
- We provide lots of learning opportunities through a range of resources and provide plenty of messy play opportunities to encourage learning through creative play
- In our library area we have a selection of age-appropriate reading resources to encourage communication and develop language and literacy skills
- We encourage independence and free thinking by allowing the children to choose and lead activities carefully guided by our practitioners
- We promote physical creativity through music and movement which is key in helping to develop children’s large motor skills
- We continue to promote early wellbeing awareness and relaxation techniques to help our children understand their thoughts and feelings
- We aim to build relationships built on trust and respect, teaching our children to be kind friends, to love and appreciate the environment and world around them, and be compassionate and respond with empathy towards each other.
- Our preschool room supports ‘school readiness’ through a wide range of quality resources and equipment that promote all areas of the EYFS including maths and literacy
- We provide children with a vast range of activities throughout the day to spark wonder and curiosity. The activities are embedded with math and literacy opportunities to encourage them to think, explore and solve problems
- We give encouragement and praise to our children inspiring them to investigate and be curious of the world around them
- Independence is further encouraged in this age group. Musical exploration, physical activities and a wide variety of art and craft activities allow children to bloom creatively.
- We teach and encourage kindness, respect for others and love for the world around us, and we promote an inclusive environment where we take part in a variety of cultural and international celebrations.
- We work on whole body movements to develop large motor skills, co-ordination, balance, and strength
- We provide a dedicated space for children to learn in small groups allowing focus and concentration as our practitioners deliver activities preparing children for their next step into school.
- In our garden children can wander, climb, splash, and run in our educationally designed outdoor learning area.
- Our children have access into the garden which is essential for healthy development and wellbeing and our outdoor equipment encourages physical development and challenges
- We believe any activity we can have inside we can have outside too, and children use the garden in all weathers. Regarding the changing weathers it’s an important opportunity for the children to be able to experience the season changes first hand, encouraging that wonder and curiosity and questioning the changing environment around them.
- Our outdoor space allows children to understand and take risks which helps to build their confidence, independence, and eagerness to learn
- Our children are introduced to important life skills and encouraged to try new things through play and exploration, through activities such as role play, water play and investigative play
- We promote a ‘grow your own’ initiative providing spaces in our garden for children to plant their own vegetables, herbs, plants, and flowers
- We use natural materials such as sand and mud to promote discovery and imaginative play.
My name is Charlotte, also known as Char-Char to the children and staff.
I have worked in childcare for around 15 years starting as an unqualified member of staff in a large setting.
Childcare is my passion and I decided I wanted to know everything I could to make sure every child in my care got the best start in their educational journey. I completed a degree in early childhood studies and then completed my Early Years Teacher training. This is when I started working at Little Explorers as a university student and I have never left.
It’s a small family feel nursery and the team is amazing. I am lucky to be a part of the team and am proud to see so many children grow, develop and thrive.
My name is Michelle, and I started my journey at Little Explorers as an Assistant Practitioner in 2006, after completing my Level 2 in Childcare. I then progressed in my studies and started to work towards Level 3.
I left to become a Deputy Manager at another nursery, where I studied for Level 5. When an opportunity at Little Explorers for a Deputy Manager became available, I returned to the nursery.
I have worked in the childcare industry for around 17 years and enjoy focusing on building parent partnerships and encouraging positive relationships between children and nursery staff.
I ensure the smooth running of the nursery on a day-to-day basis, from opening and closing the building, liaising with parents, visits for new parents, maintaining ratio and supporting staff.
I am the Designated Safeguarding Lead.
Our nursery has a lovely family feel which makes it a wonderful place for your child to grow, learn and play. We have a passionate team, who aim to create something special and different, ensuring all children are nurtured, cared for, and inspired with their individual needs in mind.
We have a dedicated senior team who support the nursery management in striving for delivering excellence by enriching home from home environments with an expertly trained team.
All staff complete comprehensive training, further developing their knowledge and understanding of children’s development, covering all key aspects in keeping children safe.
We can provide advice and support for all our families on a vast range of topics by pulling together our combined experience.
Food & Nutrition
Our delicious, healthy and nutritious food is sourced from trusted suppliers and prepared and cooked by our onsite chef. All dietary and religious needs are met.
Our experienced team would love to meet you and your little one, so book a visit today and we will show you everything our nursery has to offer during your own personal tour at a time to suit you.
Join us at our next Open Day
Saturday 16th March, 9am-1pm
Call Back Request
If you would like us to give you a call back at a time which is more convenient for you, please fill in the form below.